Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives cecilware gas deep fryer

• cecilware gas deep fryer

Posted by guest on November 27, 2018 at 12:00 am

pilot will stay lit for little while, sooner or later it goes out..It is not being from air movement..

fixbear replied 5 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 5 Replies
  • 5 Replies
  • ectofix

November 27, 2018 at 4:34 pm

MODEL NUMBER.

• ectofix

November 27, 2018 at 5:28 pm

So, you didn’t mention having to reset the high limit.  Therefore you have a gas or air supply problem supplying the pilot.

It could be:

A dirty pilot burner Turn off the pilot, then give the pilot burner a strong blast of compressed air, nitrogen or CO2.  Then relight it and see how it does. An improperly adjusted pilot supply or weak thermopile A VOM would be needed to establish either of these possibilities.  I don’t provide HOW-TO lessons, so if that’s beyond your scope, then call a service company. Low gas pressure supply If there’s a line regulator feeding your fryer, it may be bad.  A manometer is needed to test the pressure and see if that’s the problem.  Insufficient gas supply volume If the fryer is supplied by a flexible gas hose with a quick-disconnect, be sure the quick-disconnect is fully seated. Also be sure the gas supply’s ball valve is turned on fully.  The valve’s handle should be IN-LINE with the valve’s body.  Turned at 90° is OFF.  anything IN-BETWEEN means it’s not turned on enough.

That’s all I can think of at the moment.  I hope this helps.

Now I’m going to have another beer and continue cooking my dinner.

• fixbear

November 27, 2018 at 5:34 pm

Loose electrical connections on the pilot curcuit.

• ectofix

November 27, 2018 at 5:59 pm

I thought I’d missed something.

• fixbear

November 28, 2018 at 5:07 am

Hey, I’m the one with the feeble memory