Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Our Garland R30 home range broiler igniter does not get hot

• Our Garland R30 home range broiler igniter does not get hot

Posted by guest on November 12, 2016 at 12:00 am

The stove is some 20 years old and the broiler stopped working a few months back, and the oven has sitting slower to light, taking 5-10 minutes to light. We’ve been told to get new igniters, but can’t find a source. 

partsgirl replied 5 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • ectofix

November 13, 2016 at 5:17 am

We don’t do residential equipment here.  Yet, since it’s a Garland, I did a little looking around for you.

From my little research, I found that Garland discontinued their residential line of products in 1999.  However, they offer up information on parts support of those old products.  Here’s Garland’s web page for information on that:

Garland Group – Service 

Their link to ADCO Parts is bad, so I searched on-line and found this:

http://www.adcoservice.com/brands/older-brands 

They also claim to offer other services, with one being TECHNICAL SUPPORT:

http://www.adcoservice.com/services 

So if you (or a technician) needs technical assistance, ADCO may be capable of that.  I’m assuming that they have access to service and parts literature on that unit.

Call them and see what they can do for you.

Good luck with that.

• partsgirl

October 4, 2018 at 3:15 pm

Garland

They don’t make the parts anymore

• fixbear

October 4, 2018 at 6:04 pm

As I recall, they used a HSI igniter on the home line. And a restive valve for the burner. It has a bimetal strip that opens the valve when the current flow is right   If the wattage of the igniter gets out of spec, it will delay ignition or not light. 

• partsgirl

October 5, 2018 at 9:45 am

Also, you can get residential repair help with things like this here:

🙂 CLICK ME