Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Researching Materials for Units Hot and Cold

• Researching Materials for Units Hot and Cold

Posted by guest on December 22, 2016 at 12:00 am

I see a lot of post of people unable to get manual info from PartsTown. I have used various websites to find the info needed for help. Doesn’t matter if you have an Android or iPhone or your personal pc. Use your favorite search engine such as Google, Bing, etc. In the search bar type in the manufacturer, model number, and what you are trying to find. Search various sites to see which one can help you out the best. It works great when you are looking for older units or uncommon manufacturers. I’ve only been in the field since June 2014. So i use as many resources as possible when im in the field. Gives me a better understanding and shows the customer that im determined to figure out the problem without giving up. 

If anyone has any technology questions (problems relating to tablets, phones, pc’s) feel free to ask me. I will try my best to help out. If i cant find your exact problem i will refer you to someone or something that will. (Note give me at least 24 hours to respond)

Have a Great Day and MERRY CHRISTMAS 

john replied 7 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • john

December 22, 2016 at 9:35 am

We do our best to have the largest library of manuals available for those who need to reference, but we are by no means a comprehensive listing. I have linked other sites when necessary to help users get the info they need. Sometimes, particularly with older models, or existing model numbers that have older manuals (with older controls or other features that have since changed and been updated), it can be a challenge to find the manual. Often older manuals have been scanned into a digital format (think of it like a picture with words on it, you can’t highlight the words), and that makes it harder for search engines to find them because there’s no available keywords to pick up on. But the manuals are still out there.

On your phone or tablet, I highly recommend utilizing the Parts Town app, available for free on Google Play and the App Store. One benefit to the Parts Town app is that you can save the manuals for easy access in the future–no need to remember model numbers and perform another search.

I am, as always, here to help users and guests alike find any information they need on commercial kitchen equipment. It’s fascinating working in a need-based business. We know most people aren’t looking up compressors or temperature probes just for fun; people are looking these items up because something is broken and they need a replacement fast. It is my job to help users get the information they need so they can get equipment up and running ASAP. 

The success of our customers is our continued success. Without you, there is no Parts Town.