Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have a ctx g26 oven throwing an e35 code.  Leaning toward relay 240vac 75a.  Thoughts?

• I have a ctx g26 oven throwing an e35 code.  Leaning toward relay 240vac 75a.  Thoughts?

Posted by guest on November 26, 2018 at 12:00 am

Any other opinions?

fixbear replied 5 years, 4 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ectofix

November 27, 2018 at 4:55 pm

“Leaning toward” THAT?

Okay…

As a technician, I’ve RARELY done that. It either IS or it ISN’T a bad part.  Proper troubleshooting is necessary to narrow it down.  Throwing new parts in the oven without reaching a proper conclusion is NOT troubleshooting.

E35=Top heating zone failure, RIGHT?

Could be…

A short-circuit someplace A faulty relay (**wink**wink**) A faulty thermocouple (temp probe) or temp control board Other things that I’m presently not going to scour a schematic for in search of other possibilities.

Your stated relay 240vac 75a is a solid state relay.  Identifying a bad SSR takes about two seconds with a VOM.

Here’s you a manual with schematics:

OWNER’S OPERATING & INSTALLATION MANUAL G-26 CONVEYOR OVEN

I can’t provide you the VOM or knowledge of how to use it.

• fixbear

November 27, 2018 at 5:31 pm

Let’s start with a bit more detail to see if we can assist you.

Does the oven cook evenly top and bottom both sides?  Or is one side uncooked on top or all uncooked on top?

We are not there to see, hear feel and smell. So you have to provide all the details for us. Answer the above question and we’ll proceed.

Oh yea, while your looking at it check that the cooling fans on the heat sink are running smooth and at full speed. And the heat sink is clean.  Also the BNC connectors on the thermocouples.