Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums american range oven M1

• ectofix

July 6, 2017 at 10:29 am

It sure would be nice if they put an actual schematic in their manual.  The wiring diagram is laborious to read.

izzygreen, the first thing I do is to determine whether it’s a temperature control problem or a gas control problem.

Which temp control does it have?  A KX thermostat or electronic?

Either way, when you’re certain that it should be calling for heat, have you checked whether you’re getting 120v line output from the temp control?

The ignition module requires 120v to do its thing.

• ectofix

July 6, 2017 at 10:49 am

After looking closer at the diagram, some further direction for me to share.  Appears the ignition module gets energized when the oven is turned on in the cook mode.  That lights the pilot, which stays on all the time.  The temp control supplies 120v to the main burner valve during a call for heat.

• ectofix

July 6, 2017 at 11:03 am

Here’s some potentially helpful info on that module:

• ectofix

July 6, 2017 at 11:19 am

izzygreen, I’m still studying on this.  I love a good challenge and their diagrams are up there with the worst of them.  They truly do suck.

I’m seeing on the FIRST diagram in the manual that the module does NOT stay energized all the time.  When the door is opened, the motor stops.  The switch in the motor removes the neutral leg to the module.  So, the pilot would get de-energized when the door is opened.

In the SECOND diagram, that’s not the case.  I “think” the pilot DOES stay on and only the main valve is de-energized.

SO…I don’t know which diagram applies here.  Do you?

• izzygreen

July 6, 2017 at 12:42 pm

ectofix The schematic on page 14 for the majestic series I believe is the correct one. I’m coming in second on this unit, the previous tech company replaced the pilot and main solenoids and that didn’t fix the problem, they told the customer that the ignition or spark module needs to be replaced as well and he feels like they are just throwing parts at it hoping it will be fixed, so he reached out to me even though gas isn’t really my forte.

It seems to me that the fan and the burners go out when the door is opened. (that is based on testing a 2nd identical unit)

Any and all help is appreciated

the two solenoids that have been replaced, I don’t see the ignition module I assume it is in one of the junction boxes on the rear of the oven

• ectofix

July 6, 2017 at 1:00 pm

ARE YOU SURE THAT’S A “M1” CONVECTION OVEN?

There are two components in your picture that are NOT the M1 manual your link led me to:

A flame safety switch A basic “El-cheapo” spark box

The diagrams in the manual I was looking at in  THIS MANUAL have a full-fledged Fenwal ignition control module.  I’ve been barking up the wrong TREE!

So your link lead me there, but that doesn’t jive.  Can you direct me to the correct manual?

• izzygreen

July 6, 2017 at 1:33 pm

Full Model is M-1-GRN serial #2070918-099 The reason I uploaded the pic is because I couldn’t match it to the schematic either, I was thinking I was just being dumb and you would correct me.

looking at the unit itself I cannot imagine that this should be that complicated, which is why I agreed to work on it, but here  I am asking for help

• ectofix

July 6, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Come to find out, that’s an older version oven.  Technical data isn’t available for it on-line (until now).  Here’s a diagram for it that American Range sent me:

https://techtown.partstown.com/docs/DOC-3103-majestic-m-pilot-system-g1-old-stylepdf

• izzygreen

July 6, 2017 at 2:42 pm

so there really isn’t anything left but the spark module…..if I am reading that correctly

• izzygreen

July 6, 2017 at 2:43 pm

so there really isn’t anything left but the spark module…..if I am reading that correctly

I don’t suppose they gave you part numbers to go with that?

Page 1 of 3