Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Manitowoc Indigo IY0324A-161 T3 T4 Long Harvest

• Manitowoc Indigo IY0324A-161 T3 T4 Long Harvest

Posted by guest on September 11, 2018 at 12:00 am
    New member looking for some info in regards to indigo seies model # IY0324A-161. Have had machine for little over 1 year. Everything has been fine until past week. Continually getting T3 and T4 code as well as long harvest. Temperatures running all over the place as well. Im not a tech so any help would be appreciated. Restaurant located in a rural area and hard to get good techs out in the country. 
    guest replied 4 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 21 Replies
  • 21 Replies
  • fixbear

September 11, 2018 at 2:50 pm

The vast majority of ice machine problems are with lack of proper cleaning.  Not seeing your installation, I do not know if you have proper water filtration .  So take a look inside at the evaporator cover and see if your water is flowing evenly across the evaporator. And if there is a mineral build up.  You will need Manitowoc ice machine cleaner to clean the machine.  It is all explained in the owners manual that I have included for you.  Also make sure to clean the condenser and air filter. 

https://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/MAN-Indigo_iom.pdf

The delta T3, T4 alarm’s saying that the drop between inlet refrigerant and tail coil is out of parameters. This can be from the lack of cleaning, or something much deeper.  Like a open thermistor or low charge. A quick check can be made with the keypad.

SYMPTOM Alert icon on the display is flashing and the alert indicates a T1, T2, T3, or T4 Fault. CHECK PROCEDURE • Press the Menu button. • Scroll down to Service and press right arrow. • Scroll down to Diagnostics and press right arrow • Scroll down to Temp Sensors and press right arrow to display thermistor temperature readings. NOTE: An open thermistor will display -22°F (-30°C) and a shorted thermistor displays 475°F (246°C). Thermistor Test 1. Disconnect thermistor from control board and measure resistance. 2. Measure temperature at the thermistor. 3. Compare measured resistance/temperature readings to resistance/temperature relationship chart. A. Within 10% of the published resistance value – Thermistor is good B. Not within 10% of the published resistance value – Thermistor is defective.
  • fixbear

September 11, 2018 at 2:56 pm

I forgot to say welcome to Techtown.  Let me know how you make out and if you need more.

• fixbear

September 11, 2018 at 5:25 pm

I also forgot to mention that the machine has to be in a ambiet temp of 65 to 75F.  With the cooler weather we are seeing it may have to relearn the space it is in. To cool and it will have harvest problems.

• mballand

September 12, 2018 at 9:05 am

Thank you for the info so far. Current machine temps are as follows T1 102F  T2. 189F. T3  367F. T4  124F. Looks like T3 is running very hot. I will do disconnect next and let you know. As for cleaning ive cleaned everything more then once. Ambient temp in here is usually 70-78 depending on amount of customers in dining area. I do know during cleaning when codes first appeared that coil was extra dirty. All is squeaky clean now though. Air filter curtain everything. Thanks for your time

• fixbear

September 12, 2018 at 11:21 am

T3 should read about 10 F above room temp.

If you have a Digital volt ohm meter, You can test out the thermister.   Disconnect power, Open the control panel. T3 is marked on the left side of the board.  It should read as per the temp the sensor part is at in the chart below.

This is the thermocouple https://www.partstown.com/manitowoc_ice/man000013459

And if it helps, service tech manual.https://download.partstown.com/is-bin/intershop.static/WFS/Reedy-PartsTown-Site/-/en_US/manuals/MAN-Indigo_sm.pdf

You mentioned rural.  I’m in the Adirondacks and 2 hours from any parts  I know what you mean.

• mballand

September 13, 2018 at 12:19 pm

Looks like the T3 line got a small burn which caused it to short out must have been resting on compressor.. Thanks for the part #. Now i can order it. Rural is nice except for these times lol. 

August 9, 2019 at 4:04 pm

We are also having this issue our findings are T1=91* 21.1k ohms, T2=178* 19.51 k ohms, T3= 124* 18.25k ohms, and T4=475* 7.8 k ohms. Other than the obvious T4 thermistor, do we need to change the others as well?

• fixbear

August 9, 2019 at 4:57 pm

First off, not all four are used on all machines.  The controllers are used on all of the cubers but with a different software..  What model machine do you have.

August 9, 2019 at 7:13 pm

We have a B570

• fixbear

August 9, 2019 at 8:27 pm

That’s the bin under your ice head.  Look on the back of the machine head.  With the controler you earlier discribed it will problaby be a ID 0??? ? or something like that.

Page 1 of 3