Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives Manual for Berkel 555 digital scale (Cdn version)

• Manual for Berkel 555 digital scale (Cdn version)

Posted by guest on June 14, 2017 at 12:00 am

Hi, recently bought a pair of these scales used.  No manual included.  Ive figuered out some of the features but would like to track down a manual or at least know how to toggle between lbs and kgs.  It’s not obvious, at least to me.

Thanks for your time.

izzygreen replied 6 years, 11 months ago 1 Member · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • izzygreen

June 14, 2017 at 2:27 pm

That is not a model I recognize, are you certain it is a Berkel?

June 14, 2017 at 7:01 pm

It is. Looks a lot like a 522 of which there are many images to be found online.  Has a few extra buttons.  I will attempt to post some images.  Model number is definitely 555.

• netnaznav

June 14, 2017 at 7:16 pm

Put 4 pictures in the images section. I couldn’t focus on the last one but it has to do with its being a Canadian unit.

• izzygreen

June 15, 2017 at 8:50 am

That’s a Berkel but I cannot find any literature on that model which leads me to believe it is really old. I ran a Google search on it and the suggested search was Berkel Antique Scales.  Be that as it may, there is a little button on the top right side that says lb/kg, which should change the display between the two. If it doesn’t work the keyboard is probably worn as indicated by some of the other buttons.

I cannot imagine that you’d be able to use these scales without Weight and Measures having a fit if the scale features aren’t working properly

I found this Berkel Digital Retail Scale Model 522 User Manual – Model 522 Digital Scale | BakeryEquipment.com is your bakery equipme… which is someone selling the manual for the 522, up to you if you want to spend the money, I would not recommend it.

Good Luck

June 16, 2017 at 10:40 pm

Strangely, the lb/kg button does not perform that function.  It pairs with the button below it to toggle the scale between a whole unit of measure or a portion there. I suspect that the way to switch from US to metric weights is some sequence of keystrokes that I will hopefully stumble across. I’ve tested the scale and it is quite accurate. 

Thanks for your help. If I find anything I’ll post it here.

• izzygreen

June 19, 2017 at 7:41 am

Your version of accurate and what Weights and Measures says may be at odds, from past experience I will tell you that even if the scale is 100% accurate, if there is a function on the scale that does not work properly they will insist on a repair or they will condemn the scale.

Scales like that (portion control w/ computing) usually retail for a few hundred bucks, it may be worth it to prevent the hassle from W&M

Either way Good Luck