Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives I have a hobart 60qt legacy with an error code OC3- what is it?

• I have a hobart 60qt legacy with an error code OC3- what is it?

Posted by guest on January 19, 2019 at 12:00 am

What is the code OC3 on the timer side? Moves up and down will not turn on

ectofix replied 5 years, 3 months ago 1 Member · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • ectofix

January 19, 2019 at 7:01 pm

That means you might have overloaded the motor with too large or dense of a batch.  Unplug it.  Let it sit that way for awhile, then plug back in.

If the problem persists and you’re confident that it wasn’t overloaded, then you’ll need to call Hobart for service:

Service | Hobart 

I say that because there’s an electrical issue which will need to be addressed.  The ONLY thing that I can advise for you to check is the electrical plug.  If it’s a twist-lock plug, then be sure that it’s pushed in FULLY and has been turned in clockwise until it stops.  If THAT was the issue, then your plug and/or outlet is worn out, so they both need replaced. Any licensed electrician can do that for you.

• ectofix

January 20, 2019 at 5:16 pm

ATTENTION PartsTOWN STAFF –

The installation and operation (instruction) manual you have on file for the Hobart HL600 Legacy Mixer is incorrect.  It only covers the mixer bowl scraper attachment.  Here’s your link to that:

HL400 /HL600 /HL800 /HL1400 LEGACY MIXER BOWL SCRAPER ATTACHMENT

Here’s Hobart’s links to the correct instruction manuals for the HL600 mixer:

HOBART LEGACY INSTRUCTION MANUAL MODELS HL600, HL600C, & HL662: ML-141063, ML-141070, ML-141069, ML-141066 & ML-141068 HOBART LEGACY INSTRUCTION MANUAL MODELS HL600 & HL662: ML-141104, ML-141105

Additionally, there are THREE parts manuals on Hobart’s website covering the basic HL600.  There’s a total of SIX parts manuals covering the entire HL600 series of mixers.  The relevant manuals are all differentiated by the ML numbers of a given mixer.