Support / FAQs / About techtown

Home Forums Archives MOFFAT G32MS will not fire up, gas valve will clink but no firer, spark electrode or mother board?

• MOFFAT G32MS will not fire up, gas valve will clink but no firer, spark electrode or mother board?

Posted by guest on October 13, 2018 at 12:00 am

Non-profit and need to fix machine but need to order the right part

Spark Electrode or another part?

ectofix replied 5 years, 6 months ago 1 Member · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • koolhof

October 15, 2018 at 9:49 am

Thanks for the quick response I will be checking all these things

thanks

• ectofix

October 15, 2018 at 5:04 pm

While I’ve always felt more compassionate towards non-profit types of businesses, that doesn’t make diagnosis and repair of equipment any easier…whether I’m there to do the repair, or from the minimal information you’ve provided HERE on the internet.

Several questions:

Are you sure it’s the gas valve that’s clicking? (You didn’t mention whether the door switch is actuating the blower motor.  That would prove the door switch works…which is critical) Is the gas to the oven TURNED ON FULLY behind the oven? (Handle in line with the piping means it’s OFF.  Turn it until 90° to the piping)  WRONG.  SEE CORRECTION IN MY OTHER POST If a flexible hose with a quick-disconnect supplies the oven, is the quick-disconnect (QD) FULLY SEATED? (If the QD pulls loose without pulling back on the QD’s collar, then it WASN’T PROPERLY SEATED) Are you sure there’s proper gas pressure being supplied to the oven? (Possibly a bad line regulator) Is the ignitor SPARKING?

With little info to go on so far, there are numerous other possible causes:

Failed thermostat Bad transformer Bad gas valve Bad igniter assembly Faulty wiring someplace Bad ignition box (the closest thing in that oven that’d fit your stated “mother board”) Clogged burner orifice Other possibilities that I can’t think of at the moment

That’s about the extent my help presently.  Here’s a manual:

MOFFAT G32MS CONVECTION OVEN Service Manual 

• ectofix

October 15, 2018 at 5:06 pm

https://schillgroup.com/brookvillemotorsports/IMAGES/animated%20emergency%20light.gif

CORRECTION!

I made a mistake.   The second time this year, so I must be losing my edge. 

In my earlier response, I proposed a question and what to look for.  Here’s my correction:

Is the gas to the oven TURNED ON FULLY behind the oven? (Handle in line with the piping means it’s ON.  If it’s turned 90° to the piping, THAT means it’s OFF.)