Manitowoc makes a wide variety of ice machines that you can find in just about any restaurant, hotel or healthcare facility. Just like any piece of commercial equipment that gets used 24/7, there are times when cycles take too long or controls freeze. If that occurs, resetting the machine can help. With some assistance from the community and service manuals, here is how to reset a Manitowoc ice machine for select models.
Rebooting NEO Undercounter Machines
- Step 1. Press the OFF button for 3 seconds.
- Step 2. Wait for ice to melt off the evaporator.
- Step 3. Disconnect power to the machine and wait about 10 seconds.
- Step 4. Plug the machine back in and press the ON button. A blue light should appear, indicating that the unit has been reset.
Resetting the Control Board on NEO Undercounter Machines
The Manitowoc NEO Technician Handbook says that if switches aren’t working properly on the NEO touch pad, a reset and test will need to be performed. Disconnect power to the ice machine to reset the control board. Restore power to the machine about 10 seconds later and test out the switches again. If they still don’t work, run an Ohm test to see if the issue isn’t associated with the control board or wiring.
Resetting Safety Limits on NEO Undercounter Machines
Safety limits are designed to shut down the machine when issues are present that could damage the unit. For example, one safety limit is designed to shut down the machine if there is a long harvest and the other is designed to shut down the machine if there is a long freeze cycle.
According to the Manitowoc NEO Technician Handbook, pressing the ON/OFF button and starting a new ice-making cycle will reset the safety limits.
Resetting Factory Defaults on Indigo Machines
Indigo ice machines use an EasyRead display that lets you easily reset the unit to its factory default settings. The team at Welbilt put together a quick video that walks you through the reset procedure for these models. Check out the written instructions or video below:
- Step 1. Press the MENU key to access the menu.
- Step 2. Press the DOWN ARROW key to scroll to “Fact Default.” Press the RIGHT ARROW key to select.
- Step 3. Press the CHECKMARK key to confirm and activate the change.
- Step 4. Factory default will activate and turn off all previously set reminders.
Have experience resetting other Manitowoc models? Please provide your insight here, and we’ll add it to this article!